I woke up today feeling fine and expected my day to flow nicely.
However, my day soon shifted away from the flow, because:
1. I stepped into the car to drive the usual highway, which just today was blocked off. Resulting in a bunch of detours and extra time,
2. I arrived very late to my first appointment, where I didn’t feel fully focused, because I’m usually punctual, and,
3. I completely missed another meeting due to a double booking,
4. Then, I also exchanged my phone to a newer version (yes, that’s really a good thing), but the transfer didn’t go smoothly as it ‘’normally’’ should. A 20 minutes slot turned out to a 4 hour long racing around back and forth to find the right people and help and that resulted in…
5. losing all of my precious messages that couldn’t be transferred (and yes, I did a 2 hour back-up, and I’ll save you the details)
6. Feeling tired and frustrated, I stepped into my car again to hit a serious traffic jam for 2.5 hours instead of 45 minutes,
7. Nearly home, I realized I didn’t get all the print copies I needed for my workshop and my head was filled with negative thoughts, self-doubts and more of that cocktail of worries,
8. to make it worse, I had an argument with my mom (rarely happens) which hurt my dad (he’s the sweetest man on earth), so my emotions were all over the place by then, and
9. entering my doorstep, the tears were rolling over my cheeks….
Have you had days like that?
Anything feels familiar?
What can you do about it?
How can you stay calm amidst a storm?
Well, here’s my process:
I stopped EVERYTHING and thought about all the things I preach and teach, starting with:
Remaining POSITIVE. Put in the effort and rewire my brain.
Watch this video to remind yourself HOW to do this:
After a bit of deep breathing, I then called a friend in Panama, because I needed someone that understands me, listens and lift me up again. It worked!
This is what I talk about so often: Choose your TRIBE.
Remember that finding your tribe helps you succeed in life as you can read about in this article.
Watch this video that clarifies what a tribe is and how to create your own
What I needed after this day was to LET GO of my day and any expectations I had, get some nice food and RESET.
I’m sharing this because I think sometimes forget that, with all the shiny stories around us, we’re all just human beings trying to do the best we can each day. And I’m not a ‘perfect’ life coach either, who never loses her buttons in the roller-coaster called ‘’life’’.
We are taught to plan things well, be realistic or rational. But life never unfolds exactly as planned. Life has twists and turns and circumstances that deviate from the plan. (read more about the unknown future in this article)
Next time you’re having a day with twists and turns making you frustrated or worried, remember it’s all OKAY. You’re human! Give yourself a break to BREATHE, let it go and rewire your brain. Let life unfold.
If you want more clarity in your life or thoughts, and breakthrough from your current situation, but you’re not sure HOW, just hit reply and let me know what’s happening in your life right now.
We can jump on a call where I’ll help you create clarity or boost your confidence, so you can live the life you love!
Book your Free call here
If you like to watch more about creating your Freedom Lifestyle: https://www.youtube.com/c/rachelsmets
Download your 5 STEPS to Living a Freedom Lifestyle here
Wishing you a wonderful day and week.
PS: Grab this amazing course and learn how to connect easily, anywhere in the world! Enjoy this unique offer and receive a 70% discount. Here’s your coupon